How to Grow Beans at Home
How to Grow Beans
- Beans grow in full sun or in semi shade.
- Plant bean seed in-situ (seeds are planted straight into the ground)
- There ar
- e many varieties of beans.
- Bush beans grow close to the ground
- Others varieties need stakes to climb on.
- They mature in about three months.
- Some Bean pods can eaten fresh and green.
- Bean pod like sugar beans are left to mature in the pod, dried and shelled.
**** Share ****
Companion Planting with Beans
Companions (do well together)
Beets, eggplant, cabbage, carrot, zucchini
Antagonists (don't do well together)
- Garlic, onion
Tips on Harvesting Organic Beans
- Pick the pods when they are young, as they are sweeter and tender.
- Beans can be chopped up and frozen.
Recipe to Cook Organic Beans
2 Beans Soup
- 1 small can chick peas OR ½ cup of dried chick peas beans
- 1 small can red kidney beans OR ½ cup of dried red kidney beans
- 1 Onion
- 2 tps garlic minced
- 1 bag of spinach, shredded
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 500ml can tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable Or chicken stock
- 1½ tablespoon basil
- 1½ tablespoon oregano
- salt and pepper to your own discretion
- Cut carrot and cabbage into bite size chunks.
- Heat oil, add garlic, onion and carrot for 3 minutes
- Add the 1 cup of stock and ½ cup of water
- Add the crushed up tomatoes
- Bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- Rinse & drain the can beans, add them to the soup. (dried beans must be presoaked and cooked to be added to the soup)
- Add the shredded spinach and cabbage
- Add the basil
- Cook on low for 20 minutes.
- 2 beans soup is ready to be eaten & enjoyed.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.